The HYTAC Elective Course offers the opportunity to explore alternative ways to approach Context Analysis. The students will learn the basic principles and workflows behind photogrammetry, 3d-modeling and 3D-printing, to produce digital and physical (3d-printed) models using drone footage.
By the end of this course, the students will be capable of:
- flying a drone
- creating and processing point-cloud-generated context models
- producing 3D-printed site-models in architectural scale
- using the above digital tools to advance their personal design workflows
The goal of the course is to introduce digital technologies and facilitate common architectural workflows by skipping the time-consuming processes of 3D context modeling.
The course includes:
- Introduction to photogrammetry and 3D printing through lectures and tutorials.
- Flight-Days: students will get the possibility to fly a drone (DJI Mavic 2 Zoom) at the site of interest.
- Generation of a digital twin of the selected site through photogrammetry and production of a physical model (3D printed).
- Use of CAD software like Rhino, Blender and ArchiCAD. Basic skills can be acquired during the course.
- A small design challenge using the newly learned skills.
In case of questions regarding the course, please contact us directly via email.
When: Mondays 11:45 until 13:30
Place: HIL E7
Start of course: 20.02.2023
No classes: 20.03.2022 (seminarweek)
- Reddit: 3DJony Reddit – HOW TO JOIN REDDIT
- Discord: HYTAC DISCORD – HOW TO JOIN DISCORD
- Helpdesk: Opening hours
- Email: email@example.com